Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Family Night in July

Last night this was the location for our Family Night. It has been pretty hot the last few days, and the water was quite...um, refreshing.


You can't believe how tall Nathan is getting. When we stand face to face his head comes up to my nose. He wears the same size shoe as I do. He will be passing me up before too long, I'm sure of it.


Mike promised both of the boys a warm toasted cookie from Quiznos if they dunked all the way under the water. This is Danny's Before Picture...


...and this is his After Picture. The boys didn't exactly describe the water as refreshing--To quote them, "It was freakishly cold!"


Ryan had a ball throwing rocks into the water, but was nervous about all of the plants and sticks under the surface. He asked over and over, "What is that? Is it scary? Does it bite?" I'm sure he was on the lookout for some fish, but he didn't need to worry. All the fish were keeping far away. I think they were all scared to get clonked on the head with the bigger and bigger rocks Ryan kept throwing.


Lydia was nervous at first, but when it came time to leave she kept saying, "Back in the Ribber!"


Handsome Group


I loved this picture of everyone. I think it is pretty hysterical the way Mike is holding his shorts up.

And on another note...this is a picture of what I found when I came downstairs yesterday:


I'm not sure if the "boredom" of the summer afternoons is getting to them, or if they just really wanted to empathize with Lydia. You know, really feel what it is like to be a 2-year-old in diapers? Whatever the reason, I am going to have some serious blackmail material when Nathan and Danny start dating.

Life is Good!

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Hilarious picture! It looks like you guys had fun in the river.

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

man that is the best picure there ever was! especially the fact that they did this all on their own. hilarious.

Natalie said...

That all looked so picturesque! Then there was that last picture... Pretty funny kids you've got!

Cece Girl said...

so funny! Love the diaper pic...what boys will do for a laugh!