Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Seaside

For our Summer Vacation we went to Seaside with the kids. Mike and I have always had an affinity for the Oregon Coast. We spent our Honeymoon in Cannon Beach, and have made this a destination for Spring Breaks and other occasions. Despite this we had never tried Seaside. We really did fall in love. Almost everything was within a few blocks, easy walking distance. Arcades, Taffy Stores, Aquariums, Pancake Houses, Shopping and Carousels. I took a boat-load of pictures, but here I have posted only two.

I hope this gives you a taste...can you just feel the damp, salty air?



In the background of this picture you can see the resort where we stayed. We did S'mores and a Campfire two of the nights. My only complaint? It was COLD. Now don't go and try to explain to me that it is always cold on the Oregon Coast and that I should have known better. All I have to say is that for the middle of July, a High of 70 degrees would have been much more appreciated than the High of 60 that we got. There is a HUGE difference! Swimming in these kind of temperatures, with an overcast sky, did not interest me, but my kids were fearless. Great memories!

No comments: