Sunday, May 22, 2011

Crazy

It's official...well, and has been for awhile now, as I'm 23 weeks. We are having baby #5 in September. I was at Yoga the other day and was explaining to a few people why I had missed so much lately...That morning (or anytime of the day or night) sickness is tough stuff! A few of the older women asked, "Oh, how sweet! Is this your first?" "Flattering...but no, not quite," I explained. "This will actually be our FIFTH." (I'm sorry, did I just hear those words come out of MY mouth!!?) Then, my good friend sitting next to me added, "Yah, she's one of the crazies." We all laughed. And since then I've completely owned it. We are definitely a little crazy! Point well taken! :) Even so, we are all getting really excited as we get to know more about this little one that will be joining our family.

Some things we know about this babe:
1) She is a girl. Lydia is over the moon and already picked out a name for her--Hello Kitty. Ya know, it is hard NOT to consider it when realizing that there will not be a SINGLE OTHER girl in her kindergarten class with the same name. "Hello Kitty Dildine"...you have to admit it has kind of a ring to it, right? ;)




2) She likes music. She totally starts a movin' and a groovin' when we watch American Idol. I can't really tell if she's a Scotty or a Lauren fan, though. She also likes rides in the car. She always starts in on some serious movement.

3) She's an acrobat. In the 20 minutes that we were at our Fetal Fotos ultrasound, she had done 180 degree somersault. This was helpful because in her first position the chord was right between her legs. Once she flipped, we could tell that she was a girl for sure. You can see evidence of her flip in the pics above. In the first her head is down and in the second her head is up toward my ribs. We also got to see her have the hiccups and suck her thumb.

4) She will have a whole group of older siblings just waiting to love on her and protect her. When we asked Ryan what he thought we should name his sister he replied, "Rosie." When we asked him why that name, his response was, "because it's a very useful name, don't you think?" Ryan is already looking out for his youngest sis. We'll definitely have to keep "Rosie" in the name game, too.

Every day I wonder more and more how I'm going to be able to handle crew of five. It can be daunting and overwhelming to think about, especially when you are pregnant and exhausted. I just know that the big payoff will be when we get to hold that little bundle. I'm pretty sure that we will be so glad that we are part of the crazy club.

No comments: