Tuesday, November 17, 2009

For the Grandparents

It has been a little while since I posted. I took these pictures over the weekend. I hope you enjoy them.


It is so fun to watch Ryan play basketball. He LOVES it and it is really building his confidence.



I thought this was a cool shot of Danny. It looks like his new basketball shoes are working great. As a side note: Mike and I bought him these shoes last weekend on our date night. When we all got up on Saturday morning, Ryan had taken marker and ballpoint pen, and written "R's" all over Danny's brand new shoes. Good for Ryan's handwriting practice...Bad for Danny's shoes. I spent about an hour of the morning scrubbing and coaxing out the ink. After nail polish, laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, magic eraser and rubbing alcohol, I was able to fade the writing enough to where Danny wasn't devastated.



It has been really fun to watch Nathan's team play. He is number 24. Last week his coach named him Defensive Player of the Game. Way to go Nathan!




On Sunday morning I decided it was time to trim up Lydia's hair. This will have been her first REAL haircut. Her first haircut was from her helpful older brother. Good for Ryan's fine motor coordination...Bad for Lydia's hair. Anyhow, since the top is slowly starting to grow back in, I decided to bring up the bottom a little...well I thought it was a little.



When you brushed out Lydia's waves they were all the was down her back, but really thin because of her previous "haircut". I was so worried that once I cut off her darling, perfect ringlets that Lydia would have straight hair from that moment on.



I adore Lydia's smile.




Lydia's hair ended up a little shorter than I had planned. But the reason her hair ended up this short is she still has ALL her curls!! So fun.




And now Lydia and I are off to spend some time with my sister in San Diego. I hope you are all doing well.

7 comments:

Angie said...

I think Lydia's hair looks adorable that length. Can't wait to see you two.

Tricia said...

We'll have to come watch the boys play. Ryan talks about playing basketball a lot.

Natalie said...

Super cute hair! I love that first picture of Lydia...her eyes are so bright!

You are one dedicated mom to take care of Danny's shoes like that!

Cece Girl said...

Love the new hair cut. Isn't it amazing how long baby hair is when you straighten it out. Lucy's is similar to Lydia's, but I can't bring myself to cut it.

Anonymous said...

oh my, lydia looks darling. "curly club" is so fun.
-Kelly.

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

i just love all your kids. can you come visit us please?

Chandy said...

It was so good to see you guys in San Diego. Thanks for meeting up with us! I am ready to go back again soon. That ocean air is good for me. Miss you!