Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

We got to have a very nice Christmas Eve at Grandma Dildine's house. It was fun to share in some traditions and spend time with cousins and other family. Thanks to Mom and Dad Dildine for hosting. It is certainly a big crowd when everyone comes over!


Danny is next in line to dish up his feast. Ham, funeral potatoes and Jell-O salads were on the menu...potluck style.




Here is Nathan enjoying his dinner surrounded by LOTS of cousins. I think there are 31 cousins in the family now.




Grandma Dildine always has a way of making special and memorable moments for the grandchildren. Here she was telling all of the kids a Christmas story about a little sheep named Joshua. You can see Lydia just behind the Nativity, with a yellow flower in her hair.




After story time and singing "Away in a Manger" some headed out to do the yearly neighborhood caroling. Mike's brother-in-law always brings the trailer filled with chairs and blankets.




Once we got home from The Dildines, Lydia, Danny, Nathan and Ryan, got to open their Christmas Eve Present.




The kids always get coordinating pajamas, but this year they also got a Christmas pillowcase made special for each one of them. They are not really asleep here. (I'm guessing Ryan's face is the one that gave it away!) ;)




And Wake Up!!




The kids were so, so excited. Christmas is such a wonderful time to be a kid.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

So cute. I love the pillowcase idea.

Natalie said...

Your kiddos are so cute! I love the "sleeping" picture.

Anjanette said...

I love the Christmas pjs! They aren't "too" Christmas-y. Does it make me a bad person for admitting that I'm not the biggest fan of Christmas looking pjs? I mean really, who needs pjs with Frosty the Snowman or Santa or Reindeer? It's ridiculous (unless you want to wear candy cane pjs in July & I don't). Wow. probably too much said. Anyway- I love them.