Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bridal Shower

A few months ago Mike's brother, Jim, got engaged. He is the last of the nine siblings to get married. As it turns out, I have really hit it off with his fiancé, who will soon be my new sister-in-law. I would like to introduce you to Valerie.

Aren't they great together? They seem so well suited and blissfully happy.




Since Valerie and I have become such good friends, I decided that I wanted to throw a Bridal Shower for her.




I really do enjoy throwing a party. We had loads of women and girls over here and had a really nice morning together.




After a light brunch, I served Banana Cake. It is an amazing recipe. (Thanks to my sister, Angie, for the tip).




Valerie received a lot of nice gifts. Here she is displaying a quilt that her sister and her grandma made for her. It includes jeans from several members of her immediate and extended family.

It has been really fun to get to know Valerie. I think we are going to be great friends. Only two more weeks until the wedding. I am so excited!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Cute blog Jennie. Love all the pictures. That was such a fun shower. You did an awesome job. I can't wait for the wedding either. That is such a cute picture of them. Steph