Monday, August 30, 2010

About the Backpacks

I would like to say that I was one of those mom's who was just so sad when school started...that I would miss our playful frolics in the park...and our meaningful conversations under a shady tree...or maybe our unscheduled blissful afternoons---But alas, when August 30th came around I was ready for some order to our lives. While last Summer was perfectly peaceful, this Summer I felt like I was in Survival Mode. And you know, I'm okay with that. We have many more summers ahead of us. Bring on the backpacks and Back-to-School nights!

Nathan started at Eagle Middle School this year. This is a whole new ball game. We actually HAVE to get up at 6:30 a.m. to get him out the door on time. Everyone that I talked to this summer said, "Aren't you worried about Nathan starting middle school?." I wasn't worried at all. Nathan was ready, and just such a good kid. I knew he was going to do great! We put off getting Nathan's backpack a little until we knew how much stuff he was going to be lugging around from class to class, and how much stuff he could keep in his locker. Mid September he settled on an Under Armor Backpack, from Dick's Sporting Goods. It fit his HUGE binder like a glove. A match made in heaven.



Danny has this Elementary School down pat. The only question...is it cool for a fourth grade boy to have a PURPLE backpack? Nathan a Danny both seemed to think it would be AWESOME! Hmm.....I told him that he could choose what he wanted, but it might be safer for him to go with the more traditional variety.--Still cool though. Part of the elementary is actually the original Eagle High School, so it has an upper and a lower campus. This year, as a fourth-grader, Danny got to make the switch to the big time: Lower Campus. I love the history in an old school.




Ryan repeated Kindergarten this year. We really thought it would be best, given his late birthday and other struggles. It turns out it was the right decision. He is doing great. Ryan picked out this styling, perfectly coordinated outfit. :) He thought it was brilliant that he could layer shirts like this. To curb Ryan's anxiety, he went to school with a Social Story he had written that morning in Therapy. Ryan's backpack selection was Star Wars.




Now even though this Little Miss had been going to Preschool for 3 weeks, we couldn't leave her out of our "Back to School Photo Shoot." Lydia's preschool is on a year round calendar. Lydia's backpack of choice? It's a no brainer: Princesses.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

As I was scrolling down the pictures and reading the text my reactions were, "Cute." "Cute." "Cute." "Ahhh...SO cute!" :) Love that picture of Lydia.