Monday, May 17, 2010

80's

A few weeks ago we got our typical weekend babysitter. She is one of our regulars and has babysat our kids at least once a month for the last 6 years. Imagine her surprise that night when both Mike and I came walking down our stairs looking like this. We like to mix up our weekly Date Night every now and again, but sometimes it takes someone else's imagination. Thanks to our friends for hosting an 80's murder mystery. It was the perfect occasion to get dressed up!

I went as an 80's Ballet Dancer who was married to this 80's Break Dancer.



The D.I. had some really good finds. The get-up that Mike found for himself was so inspirational that he just couldn't restrain himself from showing off some serious break dancing moves. He really did impress all of the party guests. And yes his hat really does read, "Coke is It! In Pocatello"---Classic!



And now a big shout-out to Tricia and her girls, who made my entire costume possible. I knew that they would have just the perfect thing. I had hot pink, tiger-striped hoop earrings, and a jean jacket that read, Dance, in rhinestones on the back. I know the shoes look like they could have been laying in a closet for 25 years, but they were actually purchased recently, to be worn by my niece. Nathan has educated me in the ways: Neon is back in style.



We were quite the pair-- Mike with his mad Rapping Skills and me with my Big Hair. (Which by the way was inspired by a real person from the past. A girl from my dance classes years ago. We called her "High-Bangs." Remember Mom? Angie and Natalie? Though I couldn't reach her bang height, I tried to pay tribute...How did she do that??)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

You guys look awesome! I can't believe you got your hair to stay like that. I also can't believe "high bangs'" bangs were any higher. Yike! Crazy that neon is back in style...I'm so out of fashion. :)

Amanda Stevens said...

Awesome...a cross between Madonna and Marky Mark and the funky bunch